Sunday, October 25, 2009

Reading and posting blogs for SLIS S401 is not a new experience for me. I was required at least one other time to post to a blog for a course at IUPUI, though it was for an English course while I was an Undergrad. My feelings on blogs is that I am not really a fan of using them, though I know that there are others that do and use them quite frequently, especially the younger students--high school and 1st year college students. So, if libraries want to keep up with the times, keeping a blog would be a good idea, as long as someone keeps up with them. It is a good way to get information out to subscribers in a quick and rather orderly fashion. Sending out a mass e-mail may take time and that only works if the library has the patrons e-mail address. With a blog, it would be up to the user to gain access to the blog--which makes it easier on the library because all they have to do is type up the post and submit it.
The problem I have about blogs is finding things that are relevant. Some posts are just sort of random musings or go on for a long time. In my opinion, blogs should be kept as short as possible, depending on what is being blogged about.

No comments:

Post a Comment